What they’re probably looking for:
- Someone with an ability to develop a successful product roadmap.
- Experience creating a customer-centric approach to product development.
- Comfortable working across departments and with executive stakeholders to solicit ideas and create buy-in for the vision.
- Ability to design detail-oriented processes from discovery through go-to-market.
- Great at managing a team and helping them think in new ways, even in a chaotic environment.
When you apply:
- Share your most successful product and include how and why you developed it using a customer-centric approach. Share the impact it had on your customers – how delighted were they!?
- Explain why you’re passionate about their mission, and how you think it relates to the real-estate and tech landscape. What are their opportunities?
- Highlight the best processes you’ve created working across teams such as design, product, marketing, etc.
- Provide an example of a way you grew a team in a stressful environment.
Is Compass right for you:
- 4.6 rating on Glassdoor
- Do you know anyone there?
- In the news
Full Job Posting
Compass is building an agent centric real estate platform that helps agents and consumers effectively work with one another to buy and sell homes. As a Director of Product Management at Compass you will be responsible for setting direction and driving major strategic and product initiatives. You will work closely with our senior leadership and agents to define product strategy, build roadmaps, and lead our product development efforts around key aspects of the Compass agent’s experience. You’ll manage and mentor a team of product managers and collaborate with a multidisciplinary team that includes UX Designers, Software Engineers, and Product Marketing Managers.
At Compass You Will:
Lead a cross functional team comprised of product, engineering, design and user research for Search and Core Experience that results in shipping high quality products
Work with agents, product marketing and product support to understand and analyze user needs and turn those into a product plan, roadmap and detailed specifications
Use detailed specifications as your foundation, collaborate with engineering and design teams to ship new features that are highly usable
Develop junior product managers by helping to set product strategy for them and coaching them on the mechanics of being a great product manager
Understand Compass’ strategic and competitive position and deliver products that are recognized as best in the industry
What We Look For:
Proven leader that knows how to manage and grow teams
User centric product management approach – focuses on user problems and building solutions around them that delight users
Strategic product thinker – you can examine the changing landscape and use that information to define product strategy and prioritize the problems to solve
Technically proficient and able to work closely and get buy in from engineers
Excellent written and verbal communication skills that allows you to influence other teams, create clarity, and drive focus on complex problems
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place.