What they’re probably looking for:
- Someone who can tell the story about what value they add to their sales people and to their customers.
- Experience using analysis and user research to make better decisions.
- Previous experience at a b2b company, crafting brand messaging that resonated, and chopping that messaging up into bite-size chunks for a sales team.
- Comfortable launching products at different stages of company growth (this could be a track record of launching smaller features).
- Enjoys staying on top of the competitive landscape, and helping to differentiate products.
When you apply:
- Provide an example of a time your go-to-market strategy worked well, and explain the impact.
- Share the most successful time you used data/research to make a decision that impacted the product, and how your customers responded.
- Explain why you’re passionate about their mission.
- Highlight your experience communicating effectively to a sales team, whether through trainings, creating talk tracks or videos, etc.
- Provide some color on your marketing experience – ideally share a way you drove demand through digital channels. Show your awareness of marketing tactics throughout the customer lifecycle, and through online and offline channels, even if you didn’t directly manage every channel.
Is Shippo right for you:
- 4 rating on Glassdoor
- Do you know anyone there?
- In the news
Full Job Posting
We are looking for a Director of Product Marketing to dive deep and get their hands dirty designing and executing a product marketing strategy to help Shippo exceed its immediate and long-term high-growth revenue goals. A proven track record of executing a product marketing strategy in a fast-paced start-up environment, preferably within a B2B SaaS company, is highly desirable.
Be the product marketing leader in a small, nimble marketing team.
Work closely with our product team to drive product launches.
Enable sales team with targeted collateral, playbooks, and messaging and drive consistency in the value that we articulate through all channels.
Maintain intelligence on competition and industry, providing insights to the marketing and business teams.
Deliver on our “Customers first” values by creating customer-value driven, persona-targeted marketing.
Develop market insights to help inform product roadmap and pricing.
3+ years experience in B2B product marketing at well-recognized brands, ideally in enterprise technology, with a widespread knowledge of the full marketing stack, and in-depth knowledge of demand generation for self-served customers and product marketing.
Prior experience executing a short and long term go-to-market strategy at a high-growth company, ideally that has scaled to $100M in revenue and beyond.
Superior communication skills – ability to prioritize and efficiently and transparently communicate marketing goals and results at a team, executive, and company level.
A demonstrated history of being a team player, and desire to jump in and get your hands dirty as needed.
A good understanding of developer marketing.
Medical, dental, vision (90% covered by the company, incl. dependents).
Flexible vacation policy + flexible work hours.
Free lunch / drinks / snacks.
Fun team events outside of work hours.
Awesome team that cares about Shippo’s mission, product and co-workers!
Shippo lowers the barriers to shipping for businesses around the world. As free and fast shipping becomes the norm, better access to shipping is a competitive advantage for businesses. Through Shippo, ecommerce businesses, marketplaces, and platforms are able to connect to multiple shipping carriers around the world from one API and dashboard. Businesses can get shipping rates, print labels, automate international documents, track shipments, and facilitate returns. Internally, we think of Shippo as the building blocks of shipping. Shippos are a diverse set of individuals.
Join us to build the foundations of something great, roll up your sleeves and get important work done everyday. Founded in 2013, we are a proud team based out of San Francisco. Shippos investors include Bessemer Venture Partners, Union Square Ventures, Uncork Capital, VersionOne Ventures, FundersClub and others.