What they’re probably looking for:
- Someone with an ability to guide a team, customers, and internal stakeholders with a great billing experience and a fast month close.
- 5 years experience with revenue recognition and accounts receivable reporting.
- Someone who has created some accurate revenue forecasting.
- Comfortable working across departments to implement new processes, and working with auditors.
- Great at managing a team and creating its processes, in a chaotic environment.
When you apply:
- Share your most successful revenue recognition and accounts receivable reporting solution, and the impact it made on the business. Choose an example from a SaaS company or public company if you worked at one. If you didn’t, no sweat. Explain how your success could translate.
- Explain why you’re passionate about their mission.
- Highlight your best experience ideating and implementing a new billing or financial close process across internal teams or for customers.
- Share the best ways you’ve worked with internal teams or auditors, and the results that work drove.
- Provide an example of a way you grew a team in a stressful environment.
- Include any accounting software and software planning tools you’ve used on your resume.
Is Namely right for you:
- 4.1 rating on Glassdoor
- Do you know anyone there?
- In the news
Full Job Posting
About the Role
[This position is based out of our New York office. We are accepting applications for those interested in relocating to NYC.]
The Director of Revenue Accounting will develop and oversee all facets of revenue accounting cycle, such as billing, revenue recognition, and accounts receivable reporting. Ideal candidates have experience in a fast-paced high growth environment and ability to lead a team. The manager position has a deep understanding of revenue recognition rules and financial close process.
Lead a team that manages a software subscription model and a revenue model based on consumption
Work closely with key stakeholders of revenue data including but not limited to Legal, Sales and Operations teams
Develop the appropriate control environment surrounding revenue recognition and implement process improvements for better efficiency and timeliness of reporting
Maintain and evolve company execution process (daily, weekly, monthly goals)
Understand, interpret, and review revenue contracts; identify deliverables and provide monthly revenue recognition journal entries
Ability to impact continual improvement in managing customer expectations in billing format to also drive efficiency into billing process
Ensure billing includes applicable taxes to ensure compliance
Control credit memo process
Responsible for monthly close process, with accompanying schedules
Reconcile unbilled revenue, accounts receivable, deferred revenue, sales tax and accounts receivable reports
Implement current and new revenue recognition standards
Represent the Finance team in providing reconciliation schedules to financial auditors
Support Finance team with revenue forecasting; manage VSOE, BESP and Relative Fair Value analyses
Other financial responsibilities as requested including ad-hoc projects
BA or BS degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration
5-7 years of experience in a similar role in Finance and Accounting
Extremely detail oriented
Understanding of US GAAP, including software and SaaS revenue recognition
Very proficient in the use of Microsoft Office tools (power user of Excel) or similar tools
Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills with all levels of employees, management, executives, and other organizations
Proven project management, problem-solving, critical thinking, and decision-making ability
Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
Ability to influence and interface effectively with employees at all levels within the company as well as external professionals
Ability to function in a consultative style and to drive for results through cross-functional interactions
Nice to Have
Experience using a Software planning tool (Adaptive, Host, Hyperion etc.)
Experience using Accounting software (Netsuite and Zuora)
SaaS or public company experience highly desirable
Namely is the first HR, payroll, and benefits platform employees actually love to use. People are at the center of everything we do—from our platform to our staff. Why join us? We believe every company and every employee deserves a great workplace, supported by HR technology they use and love. Most importantly, we believe in giving you the tools you need to do the best work of your career.