What they’re probably looking for:
- Someone who has created the strategy behind mobile/ecommerce products, and worked on the details to bring them to life.
- Basically you can solve big problems, and you can also do the work it takes – such as writing specs, user research, talking to engineers about scope of work, etc.
- Someone who is a pro at building a high-performing team – it comes easy to you, and you’ve led a team for quite some time.
- Someone with experience identifying mission-critical metrics and creating processes where the products are delivered on time and meet those metrics.
- Someone who has experience communicating clearly with other teams, such as design and engineering, and can rally the execs around a vision, or get buy-in.
When you apply:
- Include an example of a successful mobile/ecom product you created the strategy for, that your team brought to life. Explain the metrics you used to frame the problem space, and how the product led to a superior result on revenue.
- Explain why you’re passionate about their mission, and share how your philosophy regarding the latest trends in voice and conversational UIs could impact their product.
- Highlight how you’ve hired, managed, and grown a team, by sharing a big team win – whether it’s a way you streamlined a process or a way you inspired totally new thinking. Be sure to include the impact it made on the overall business.
- Bonus points: Include any international experience you have and/or explain how you think Meetup could create solutions that work internationally.
Is Meetup right for you:
- 3.6 rating on Glassdoor
- Do you know anyone there?
- In the news
Full Job Posting
Getting together with real people in real life makes powerful things happen. Side hustles become careers, ideas become movements, and chance encounters become lifelong connections. Meetup brings people together to create thriving communities. Show up. Change lives.
We are looking for an experienced, energetic executive to lead product development at Meetup. As VP Product, you will play a pivotal role in developing the company’s product roadmap, in creating a world-class experience for Meetup members, and in shipping products that will spark explosive growth of Meetups. You should have a solid reputation for building great mobile products that have a big impact and delight users. We also expect you to be a seasoned manager who has a passion and penchant for building and leading world-class product teams.
Meetup is a 15-year-old, mission-driven company, with 30+ million passionate members and organizers across 180 countries. In 2016, we rebranded and shipped completely new apps, and our management team continued to evolve into a diverse, future-facing team. The VP Product will have the opportunity to take this solid foundation and invent a new future where millions of high-quality Meetups are sparked, and millions of lives are changed. If you are fired up by the idea of creating serious growth for Meetup, this is the job for you.
Building a successful partnership with senior business, design and engineering leaders is a critical part of this job, so you’ll need to be a great communicator and collaborator, in addition to a great manager of people and projects.
What we’re looking for:
A desire to help change a company and position one of the Internet’s great brands for explosive growth
Prior experience in an in-house senior product role at a consumer tech or e-commerce company
At least 10 years of experience managing people and a reputation for building, leading and inspiring awesome product teams
Experience launching great iOS and Android apps
An obsession with measuring the impact of everything you ship
Successful collaboration with other senior leaders, especially from design and engineering
Someone who can think strategically but is also willing to get their hands dirty
Familiarity with the latest trends in voice, conversational UIs, and other emerging platforms, with a strong instinctual sense of where things are going
International experience; Meetup is translated into 12 languages, with more being added soon!
A penchant for coming up with simple solutions to complex problems
We’d love to hear from you if you’re inspired by Meetup’s mission to enable millions of people around the world to experience the power and joy that come from real, local, face-to-face community, and if you’re excited to help lead a company in a new direction.
Our team is bold, supportive, and passionate about bringing people together in real life to create community for everyone. We care about moving fast, real-world change, and building diverse, dynamic teams. You in?