What they’re probably looking for:
- Someone who has experience identifying operations opportunities and implementing fixes (bonus if it’s across a whole company).
- Ability to select the best software solutions and/or work with engineering on a custom build.
- Collaborate with other teams, such as people and finance, to help solve their day-to-day dilemmas.
- An ability to manage a budget (create a forecast and drive a return on the money you spend).
- Communicate your plans clearly, and get buy-in across departments. Sometimes this means going to speak in front of them.
- Bonus: Have experience managing a direct report. If you don’t have this, explain how you’ve mentored cross-team or a colleague.
When you apply:
- Highlight a time you identified a big area of opportunity in operations, got buy-in for a solution, and implemented it. Share the impact the solution had on revenue.
- Share how you worked across departments to bring an in-house custom build to life, and what success looked like.
- Highlight the processes you put in place to monitor the needs of other departments.
- Explain why you’re passionate about their mission.
- Include your experiences at a startup or in consulting, an if you didn’t work at that type of company explain how your skills will translate in an environment when it’s important to get better (faster) every single day.
- Bonus points: Include your managing experience and/or your experience working with outside vendors on your resume.
Is Healthify right for you:
- 5 rating on Glassdoor
- Do you know anyone there?
- In the news
Full Job Posting
We are seeking a Director of Operations who loves solving complex problems. This is an opportunity for a capable generalist to apply their project management skills to growing our company. You should apply if you can spot a scalability issue from a mile away, are comfortable training and helping people make the best use of their tools, and have the operational experience to lead us into our next stage. We’re excited about meeting candidates of all backgrounds who value our mission and are excited to join in.
Our mission is to build a world where no one’s health is hindered by their need.
We’re effecting change for the most vulnerable among us by building software that social workers, nurses, patient advocates and care coordinators at Hospitals and Health Insurance companies use to connect their patients with social services. Our software addresses “social determinants,” such as access to food, housing, childcare and jobs, which determine over 60% percent of our population’s health. Our aim is to move the needle on healthcare outcomes and cost for these populations. After only 5 years, we’ve managed to touch the lives of over 6 million people in need. Our products are in use by some of the top health plans and Hospitals in the country such as BlueCross BlueShield and Johns Hopkins Healthcare.
We support diverse individuals and communities in need. We believe it’s crucial to build a team that is equally diverse. We enjoy meeting people who share in our commitment to cultivate thoughtful and safe work environments, and understand the meaning and importance of our mission. We encourage individuals from marginalized and underrepresented communities to apply!
Report to the Chief Operating Officer
Develop business and project plans focused on improving internal operations
Provide strategic counsel to management and support quarterly and annual OKR setting across the team
Serve as a product manager for all internal tooling and processes beginning with understanding employee challenges and resulting in thoughtful procurement, implementation, documentation, and analysis
Collaborate with People Operations to handle change management and with Finance to ensure cost-effective decision-making
4+ years working in operations or strategy at a growth-stage startup or management consulting firm, touching one or more of the following areas: sales operations, enterprise resource planning, internal tools development, business intelligence, legal, finance
Systems thinker who can identify our largest needs and build systems to address them
Experience deploying and configuring cloud-based, enterprise-wide technologies (like SalesForce and Jira)
Experience navigating interpersonal elements of procurement and rollout
Experience managing budgets and working within financial constraints
Comfortable presenting to large teams and in company-wide meetings
…And the following would be nice:
Experience managing a direct report and external contractor relationships
Experience working with engineering resources to develop internal, custom tooling and reporting
Together, we live into our Core Values
We lead with empathy: We believe kindness and empathy lead to effective communication. We assume good intentions and seek mutual understanding from our teammates, customers, and users.
We lean into vulnerability: We are not afraid to ask for help or give and receive feedback. We build off our failures and don’t shy away from tough conversations.
We rise above the status quo: The status quo leads to pain for the people we serve, our communities, and our clients. We do our best to rise above the status quo, and to do things that no one else are doing. On an individual level, we strive to improve ourselves and always be learning.
We love the hustle: We stay scrappy. “No job is too small” and there are no bad ideas.
…and to further support them, we offer:
A comprehensive tech set up
Education reimbursement allowance
Monthly unlimited MetroCard reimbursement (New York only)
Monthly wellness reimbursement
401k with 4% matching
100% covered Medical, Dental & Vision insurance
Inclusive Parental leave
Flexible work schedule with work-from-home options
Weekly team lunches and learning opportunities