What they’re probably looking for:
- Someone who can find and hire freelance writers, and work with them to help them improve.
- Ability to write and edit well (bonus if you already know AP style)
- Have a bunch of ideas relevant to ze youth and the dating & relationship space (preferably this was your beat in the past, if not explain how your journalistic/research skills will translate).
- Pump out a ton of content of great quickly.
- Someone who can work well with the editorial, video, and social teams.
When you apply:
- Highlight a time you grew a team of freelancers from scratch quickly in a revenue-positive way.
- Share why the content strategy you put in place was a success (ideally this strategy was in the dating/relationship space – if not explain how the learnings translate) and highlight a particularly high-performing piece.
- Explain why you’re passionate about their mission, and share the opportunities you see for them to take advantage of new media – or types of content you think would work well for them.
- Include a video or social campaign you worked on that went well, and explain the impact on the company.
- Bonus points: Include AP style on your resume if you know it. And a joke.
Is Tinder right for you:
- 3.9 rating on Glassdoor
- Do you know anyone there?
- In the news
Full Job Posting
Tinder brings people together. With tens of millions of users and a presence in every country on earth, our reach is expansiveand rapidly growing. Your work here can change the world. Youll be a member of our new Editorial team in New York, and youll also work closely with our Los Angeles marketing team, a multidisciplinary group of strategic thinkers, storytellers, designers and brand professionals. We are looking for a talented Senior Editor to help us create under tight deadlines. If you are open-minded, creative and witty, we want to hear from you.
Create and manage a roster of talented freelance writers
Assign and edit articles, and write some as well
Have tons of innovative content ideas and the ability to thoughtfully vet pitches
Keep your fingers on the pulse of youth culture; reach out to relevant influencers for article and video content
Work closely with the head of editorial on the editorial calendar; set and meet aggressive publishing targets
Collaborate with the video producer on video content
Collaborate with the social media manager
Were looking for:
7+ years of digital writing and editing experience in the lifestyle space
An expert on the dating and relationship space; bonus if you have established relationships with expert sources and experienced freelancers
Experience assigning content and managing a roster of freelancers
A world-class writer and editor
An ability to write and edit a variety of content, from in-depth features to listicles to breaking entertainment news
A motivated go-getter
Familiarity with AP style
A Bachelors degree in journalism or English
Bonus points if you have:
Experience working at a startup or helping to launch a new brand
Experience in a range of lifestyle verticals beyond dating (food, travel, style)
A great sense of humor
As part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
The excitement of a startup with the reach of a global company
Comprehensive health coverage, competitive salary, 401(k) match and meaningful equity
Unlimited vacation and flexible working hours
Creative, smart, and motivated co-workers