What they’re probably looking for:
- Someone with 5+ years of experience in marketing at a startup – ideally you have some experience in a few digital marketing channels and have done some branding work.
- Ability to set the strategy and then also do the things.
- Knows how to use data to guide decision making, and is comfortable running tests to optimize conversion.
- Experience hiring, growing, and leading a team or skills that would translate into doing this well.
- Ability to work across departments to get buy-in for your ideas.
- Can clearly set and report on metrics that help the business make better decisions.
When you apply:
- Share a successful branding campaign you ran across channels, and explain the impact it had on customers (Did they love it? What did they say?) as well as the company’s growth. (Bonus points if your example comes from an ecomm startup.)
- Highlight a time you grew leads or customers quickly by finding an insight in data. Explain how you used that insight to create a hyperloop that made the product’s growth soar.
- Share a story about a digital channel you identified as being a key to success, and totally turned around using testing and a new approach.
- Share your experience hiring and growing a team that delivers high-quality work by explaining the processes you put in place to find and fuel them.
- Explain why you’re passionate about their mission.
Is Furnishare right for you:
- 5 rating on Glassdoor
- Do you know anyone there?
- In the news
Full Job Posting
New York City based e-commerce startup Furnishare is currently seeking a VP of Marketing to help manage and grow its technology operations. The company is VC funded and entering the hypergrowth phase. The successful candidate will report to the Founder/CEO and will be responsible for owning all of the marketing operations.
As the first marketing hire, you will play an integral role in setting the company’s strategic direction, development and future growth. Your work will be highly visible and critical to our success. You will be able to (and are expected to!) make an immediate impact.
WHY WORK WITH US
• You’ll have the chance to define and build the brand for a service that customers already love!
• You’ll be part of the initial core team of a rising startup with fresh VC backing
• You’ll have the chance to assemble your own team from scratch to define the future of the company
• You’ll take part in a project with a meaningful purpose: To make a beautiful home accessible for all and sustainable for our planet
• Last but not least, you’ll receive a considerable amount of equity!
If this sounds exciting to you and you’re ready for a worthy challenge, do let us know!
This is a position for someone with strong branding and multi-channel marketing skills. Ideal candidate should have some experience with growth hacking as well.
It is also very important that you’re comfortable being part of the daily execution. You will be expected to not just oversee but also implement our marketing strategy. A considerable part of the work will require hands-on involvement as your initial team will be relatively small in size.
• Define and develop a data-driven multi-channel marketing strategy including, but not limited to branding, growth hacking, communications, content, social, SEO/SEM, PR, and events
• Create and propagate an enthusiastic brand message that will resonate with our customers, working with an external agency
• Source and hire the marketing team from the ground up
• Develop a feasible marketing plan based on the marketing strategy, and execute the day-to-day implementation
• Experiment constantly to identify and refine acquisition channels and optimized conversion funnels
• Develop, track, and report on key business metrics driving the marketing strategy and department as a whole
• Manage all internal and external marketing resources
• Conduct market research and deliver actionable insights to inform brand, product, and sales strategy
• Deliver assets and collateral to support branding and business development
• Collaborate effectively with other executives and add value with respect to strategic discussions, brand refinements, and key business decisions
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Minimum of 8 years in marketing, with demonstrated expertise in building strong brands
• Proven track record of data-driven multi-channel marketing with strong success implementing consumer acquisition and/or retention marketing campaigns with clear business objectives and targets
• Revenue and P&L responsibility in a previous role
• Experience at a growth phase consumer goods or e-commerce startup a HUGE plus
• Understanding of both traditional and digital channels, creativity, and market feel
• Understanding of fast-paced and ever-changing startup environment, “roll up the sleeves” mindset and drive to accomplish what is necessary
• Exceptional communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
• Self-starter with a strong business acumen and ability to independently lead this segment of the business
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Salary: $150,000 + Equity
Benefits: Medical, Vision, Dental, Life, Long Term Disability, 401K (4% Match)