What they’re probably looking for:
- Someone who can set up a great recruiting process and run nearly every aspect of it.
- Someone who can create screening methods that allow only the right candidates through, and save the team time.
- Ability to use events as a way to drive interest in working for the company.
- Someone who’s not afraid to jump in, and is OK taking a work call at 10PM.
When you apply:
- Highlight a recruiting change you identified and made that increased the number of qualified candidates applying. Explain the overall impact.
- Share an example of a way you saved the internal team time with a type of better screening, and the impact it made.
- Explain why you’re passionate about their mission, and share the creative ways you might be able to build a recruiting process that embodies their brand.
- Bonus: Share any events experience you have or highlight how your project management skills would translate into making great events.
Is Everlane right for you:
- 3.8 rating on Glassdoor
- Do you know anyone there?
- In the news
Full Job Posting
Great brands are built by great people. We’re hiring our first Director of Recruiting to take on the ambitious task of scaling up our world class team.
You will oversee the team and processes to Source, Evaluate, and Close the hundreds of candidates that will join this company over the next few years. We are simultaneously scaling our headquarters and field teams (Retail + CX); you will be responsible for consistent candidate experiences wherever prospective hires may be interacting with our brand.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter who is always on the hunt for good talent. In this role, you will partner with every key function at Everlane: Brand, Creative, Apparel, Technology, Retail, and Digital Marketing.
Coordinate searches for key positions across all experience levels
Develop high volume recruiting methods for larger headcount groups
Establish screening methods to ensure only the highest quality candidates progress through our evaluation
Differentiate Everlane’s recruitment pipeline with unique, company-sponsored events
Develop fit and technical surveys to screen potential candidates
Manage recruiting processes entirely from first interview through final offer
3-5 years work experience in recruiting
Able to work well in teams and have a sense of humor
Demonstrated ability to multi-task, set priorities, and self-manage against tight timelines and aggressive expectations
Extreme drive that is contagious – very hard-working, bordering on perfectionist; highly-organized
An intense curiosity that keeps you up at night solving problems
Passion for retail, minimalist design and disrupting an age-old industry
Already a fan of the Everlane spirit
At Everlane, we’re rethinking the way retail works. We have no middlemen taking their cut and no brand markups. Instead, we design our own luxury basics and sell them exclusively at a fraction of the traditional retail price. Since launching in November 2011, Everlane has attracted over 1,300,000 members and has been featured in The New York Times, New York Magazine, The Economist, Elle, and GQ.
Please note before submitting an application: as a company, we take hiring very seriously. Interviewing with Everlane may include video and phone interviews, written projects, and/or on-site interviews. Although we are unable to follow-up with each and every applicant, we do our best to run a thorough process for candidates with whom we identify a potential fit.
Everlane provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.