What they’re probably looking for:
- Someone who has managed relationships with banks and processor.
- Experience developing and implementing a payments strategy – basically everything from business process to technology architecture.
- Experience identifying and driving the adoption of new forms of payment/ tech implementation.
- You can communicate technical things clearly to anyone by making them simple.
- You pick the right metrics and you monitor them.
When you apply:
- Include an example of a time you recognized a big opportunity when it comes to multi-channel payments, and implemented a solution that was delivered on time. Share the impact the solution had on revenue.
- Highlight a time you used data to make a decision about architecture that really paid off.
- Highlight a time when you were managing multiple projects at once across departments.
- Explain why you’re passionate about their mission, and how your philosophy on payments will benefit them.
- Bonus points: Include any knowledge of ACH, Fedwire, Zelle P2P schemes, Faster Payments, Debit, Credit and system solutions on your resume.
Is Meetup right for you:
- 4.6 rating on Glassdoor
- Do you know anyone there?
- In the news
Full Job Posting
Stash is investing, simplified. We are an investing platform that makes it easy for anyone to start with as little as $5. Through empowering our users with education and guidance, we help investors learn the basics so they can do it themselves. At Stash, we are working toward a future where investors are as diverse as our world.
Reporting to the VP of Platform Operations, the Director of Payments will provide leadership and overall strategic direction for our payments and funding platforms through the development of product/ platform improvements and expansion roadmaps. This hire will play a key role in implementing strategies through coordinating with cross-functional teams (i.e engineering, product, and marketing) in a manner that will result in outstanding customer service for our customers and profitability and growth for the company.
What you’ll do:
Own the functional design and implementation of multi-channel payments architecture, including ACH, Debit, Credit and Emerging Payments technologies & faster payment technologies
Collect and collaborate on functional business requirements and goals, existing business dependencies, and future product direction to convert into architecture & high-level design plans
Understand the key elements of payments technical design and integration, and their end-to-end flows, relevant enterprise, and industry solution architecture standards understand challenges in integrating Payments Systems with existing FI ecosystem
Effectively communicate payments logical and/or physical design concepts to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
Overall responsibility for the delivery of the end to end design covering business process, application, data, and technology architecture
Provide direction to and partner with cross-functional teams, including product and engineering, to drive delivery of future product roadmap, including new payment channels, product initiatives for new features, and optimization of existing features
Responsible for all aspects of day to day payments processing, managing relationships with banks, processors, and for driving the adoption of new forms of payment/ tech implementation
Leverage ongoing competitive, market, and user research to ensure decisions are based on the sound use of both qualitative and quantitative data
Identify and track KPIs for each payment type offered
What we’re looking for:
7+ years in a management role overseeing multi-channel payments functions
Deep end-to-end understanding of payments processes at a Financial Institution and/or Payment Service Provider
Knowledge of ACH, Fedwire, Zelle P2P schemes, Faster Payments, Debit, Credit and system solutions
Experience managing end-to-end architecture for payments programs
Experience managing and delivering large scale projects. Proven track record of managing end-to-end delivery to time, budget, and quality requirements
Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and the ability to oversee multiple projects with tight deadlines
Ability to set direction and delegate, then follow up as necessary to ensure team meets project/program deliverables are being met
Strong financial analysis/quantitative skillset and the ability to translate analysis into actionable tasks