What they’re probably looking for:
- Someone who can set the strategy and execute it, quickly
- You use data to make informed decisions. You’re not afraid of excel and powerpoint (bonus if you also are comfortable with SQL).
- You love thinking about ways to grow. You have experience developing ideas for great tests to help fuel the growth of a company, and running those tests – sometimes working with internal partners, other times with external partners.
- You’re able to communicate effectively across teams and get buy-in.
- You can manage a budget, and you’re comfortable determining success metrics. You can present both of those things (your vision) to senior leadership.
When you apply:
- Highlight a time you identified a big area of growth (driving new leads, etc) and brought that idea to life. Be sure to share the impact it had on revenue.
- Highlight how you used data to unearth a finding that changed how multiple teams operated – their target, the channels they were using, etc. Explain how you communicated across departments to make the change happen quickly, and the impact it had.
- Explain why you’re passionate about their mission.
- Share the processes you created to manage large projects, including a budgeting and external vendors.
Is ClassPass right for you:
- 3.7 rating on Glassdoor
- Do you know anyone there?
- In the news
Full Job Posting
As Strategy & Operations Lead for Digital, you will be at the center of all efforts relating to ClassPass’ digital products, namely ClassPass Live. As a “startup within a startup”, you will own operational responsibilities for ClassPass Live, including managing the budget, logistics, external vendors and coordinating the execution of large projects. You will also think strategically about the goals and needs of of a young, high-growth product and be comfortable getting your hands dirty to launch scrappy beta tests, measure results, and iterate in-market. You will partner closely with the rest of the Digital team, including product, engineering and production, not to mention the greater marketing team, product managers, engineers, and analysts to execute these initiatives.
First and foremost, you are a curious self-starter and enjoy working autonomously in ambiguous environments. You have experience in hyper growth environments that require heavy cross-functional coordination and collaboration. You can easily context-switch between business strategy, tactical strategy and data-driven execution. You take a scientific method approach to every experiment, and you crave data to learn and iterate. Lastly, you are committed to making the world a more active place. Our products delight users and support fitness partners on a global scale. Having already conquered 50+ cities and partnered with 9,000 fitness studios worldwide, ClassPass is now bringing innovative, high-quality boutique fitness to living rooms around the world.
What you will do
Clearly define measurable goals, core strategies and efficient tactics to ultimately drive growth and engagement of ClassPass’ digital products
Analyze user behavior data and external market data to develop innovative user-facing growth and engagement strategies
Formulate scrappy in-market beta test plans and lead cross-functional teams to execute and iterate on those tests.
Own major operational responsibilities, including manage Digital budget, external vendor contracts and execution of large operational projects
Work closely with Digital product managers, engineers and production team to coordinate and execute various projects
Work with external agencies and greater in-house marketing team to formulate and execute scrappy acquisition strategies
Analyze growth and engagement performance of various initiatives and prepare presentations for senior leadership
3-5 years experience in management consulting, PE, VC, or in an operations / strategic planning role at a tech / fitness company; experience with a rapidly scaling business is a plus
Practical business sense with the ability to translate between strategic business decisions and their impact
Advanced excel, powerpoint, SQL knowledge strongly preferred
Demonstrated experience & excellence in leading complex and cross-functional projects with multiple stakeholders
Excellent communication and leadership skills with the ability to distill complex issues & detailed analysis into simple, structured frameworks with concrete action plans
Understanding of startup performance metrics (CAC, LTV etc.) a plus
Comfort with ambiguity, uncertainty, and a rapidly evolving business landscape
Execution oriented mindset – with the humility, drive, and scrappiness to get it done
Love and passion for your craft
Free medical, dental, and vision coverage (including free membership to One Medical)
Free ClassPass membership
Flexible work hours & vacation policy
Pre-tax transit and flexible spending programs
Healthy (and unhealthy) snacks
Casual dress – fitness wear encouraged!
Team workouts, events, and happy hours
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.