What they’re probably looking for:
- Someone with 5+ years of experience in product, ideally for a SaaS company or startup.
- You’re able to set the strategy for the roadmap and manage multiple products at once.
- Ability to hire, grow, and lead a product team that delivers products customers love.
- You understand the impact of design, and put processes in place to drive that impact.
- You can communicate well cross-functionally across teams, from engineering to finance to sell your vision and get buy-in (you’re probably great at ppt/Google slides).
When you apply:
- Share a successful product or product roadmap you created, and explain the impact it had on the company’s growth. (Bonus points if your example comes from a SaaS startup.)
- Highlight a time you implemented a process that helped bring design to the forefront. What was the impact it had on revenue?
- Share your experience hiring and growing a team that delivers high-quality work by explaining the processes you put in place to find and fuel them.
- Explain why you’re passionate about their mission, and what excites you about rapid growth.
Is SongTrust right for you:
- 5 rating on Glassdoor
- Do you know anyone there?
- In the news
Full Job Posting
Founded in 2011, Songtrust, a Billboard Magazine Top Music Startup, is revolutionizing the traditional music publishing business. Our clients – ranging from indie artists to Grammy Nominees – retain 100% ownership of their copyrights and receive professional publishing administration services. Our catalog consists of over 1,000,000 songs that have been performed and recorded by premiere artists.
Songtrust is the world’s largest global royalty collection service and publishing administrator, enabling over 150,000 songwriters and over 20,000 publishers to collect their publishing royalties worldwide for over 1,000,000 copyrights. Our industry-leading online solutions help songwriters, artists, managers, labels, and publishers simplify music rights management including the administration of music publishing assets, performing rights, and digital licensing.
Our VP Of Product
We are looking for a software/SaaS product leader with experience managing teams, multiple products and features across our business. In this role you will be responsible for all products at Songtrust, you will lead a team of four product professionals to scale the organization’s product. We are scaling incredibly quickly and are looking for someone who can lead product in a time of tremendous growth. We are looking for someone to bring discipline and process improvement to the product organization. Ultimately you will enable the company to scale in terms of delivering products to market. You will be responsible for ensuring the organization has the production capacity to fulfill the broader vision while supporting near-term strategy and business priorities across the entire suite of Songtrust products.
You’ll work cross-functionally across operations, client success, engineering/design, and the growth teams at Songtrust.
You’ll provide leadership, strategic direction, build the product roadmap and drive execution of innovative products in rights management.
You will bring energy, passion, dedication and high-quality management to this dynamic, hyper-growth operation.
You will handle multiple products in a global environment.
You will report directly to Joe Conyers III the co-founder and General Manager of Songtrust, and be a core member of the leadership team scaling this company.
Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience
7+ years of Product Management experience on an agile scrum team
7+ years experience in software, SaaS, business, technology or other relevant roles.
3+ years managing product managers and other product-related team members.
Experience in a high growth division of an enterprise, a SaaS company or startup.
Appreciation of user experience and respect for the importance of design.
Why You Want To Work Here
We have a fun and energetic loft office in SoHo, NYC
Ample opportunities to work collaboratively with a fantastic team
Rich benefit program, Life Insurance, 401k with up to 5% matching
Career growth opportunities
Free CitiBike Membership
Paid Volunteer Hours
Invitations from partners and clients to attend shows / events
Regular happy hours, speaker series in our conference space
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Songtrust’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and encourage all to apply.